The Miracle of Life


Psalm 139:13-14 New International Version (NIV)

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

This is such a beautiful video of conception and birth. We are all a miracle of God. Life is preciously made in the eyes of the Beholder of the Universe. We are not made out of happenstance and a sea of goop.

 Every baby from every race; whether conceived on purpose, by accident, or by force, has a meaningful purpose in life. No baby is a mistake because God doesn't make mistakes. Every unborn baby deserves to live. That is the truth...whether it makes you angry or not. We have no right to destroy innocent life.

 I know that the subject of pro-choice and pro-life issues is a very sensitive one to many people, but this is something that I have to say and share to all because it weighs on my heart. If you know that you are not going to be able to raise your baby for any reason then please choose adoption rather than abortion. I beg of you to listen to me, because if you choose abortion you will regret it for the rest of your life. Trust me I know.

When I was 18 years old I lived at the YWCA for single women, mothers and children; Although I was raised in the church, saved, and baptized as a young teen, I strayed away from God when I started living on my own. Tragedy happened. I was raped by gunpoint while running an errand for a friend. It was a horrific and traumatic experience for me because not only was I violated for hours on end, my life was repetitiously threatened.

During this ordeal I started silently praying to God to help me get away. I actually started witnessing to the guy who I wanted to hate and who had the power to end my life. Every time I spoke to him about the Lord he stopped hurting me and his demeanor would change. Not only was I hoping and praying that he would just let me go, I also sincerely wanted him to give his life to Christ. A miracle happened.

After many hours of sheer horror, begging for my life, and silent prayers he just fell into a deep sleep. He was talking and wielding his gun one moment and the next he was suddenly sleeping! At first I was frozen with fear that he might wake up from an attempted escape, but then I realized that this could be God's way of helping me escape. That sounded most logical since there was really no explainable reason why he just fell asleep so suddenly. I made my move.

After quickly gathering my clothes and shoes I got out of there like a bolt of lightning. I was finally safe and I had God to thank for that. This man was arrested and I thought it was all over except the emotional scars. I was wrong. I quickly realized I was pregnant and carrying a monster's baby! I was full of hate and disgust for what was growing inside of me.

I grew up being pro-life but there was still part of me that thought if a woman was raped then she had every right in the world to have that baby aborted. I had the abortion and thought my life would return to some sense of normalcy. That didn't happen because even before I left the abortion clinic I started having a troubled spirit. Within weeks that turned into depression, although I couldn't really put my finger on why.

I was channel surfing one day and a sermon caught my attention. After all these years I can't remember who was doing the preaching but I do remember quite vividly it was on the subject of abortion. As I sat listening I began to cry. I mean I was really balling my eyes out. I realized that I was wrong. That I helped murder that innocent life inside of me.

I was convicted by the Holy Spirit about my sin. I was feeling so guilty and full of regret for what I had done. Finally; at the end of the sermon I got down on my knees, and I asked God for forgiveness for having that abortion. No matter what that baby's father had done to me it was not that baby's fault. That baby was completely innocent and didn't deserve to die such a horrible premature death.

Even though I was forgiven that day many years ago, through the years I still suffered regret and thought about that innocent child. What would he or she been like? And right now at 33 years old? When God forgave me I vowed to never have another abortion for any reason. Life does begin at conception and life is precious. Even if that unborn life isn't important to us, it is to Almighty God.

If you are reading this today and are a pregnant teen/woman considering abortion, I ask you to think twice about doing this. It will be with you as long as you shall live. Even if you are a Christian or become a Christian later on in life, the regret stays with you even though Christ takes the condemnation away.

If you are pregnant considering abortion and not a Christian, I still urge you to think about this. Whether you will ever be a believer in Christ or not, you will still suffer tremendous guilt for having part in murdering your baby. If you believe in God and want to be saved from perishing in Hell then it is simple to come to Him through Jesus...if you are sincere.

Many people call themselves a Christian because they are born into the Christian culture and/or go to church on Sundays. They are CINOs. (Christian in Name Only) and not really born again believers in Christ. Being Christian isn't about religion. It is about a personal relationship with Jesus the Christ. Here is how to have a relationship with the King of all kings and Lord of all lords:

1) Start by talking to God and acknowledging that you need Him in your life.
2) Sincerely tell God that you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose again three days later.
3) Start confessing your sins to God and ask his forgiveness.
4) Ask God to save you from your sins. Ask Jesus to come into your heart and become Lord of your life.

 After you sincerely do this you will become born again through the blood of Christ. Be sure to get into a Bible-believing church that teaches the gospel and be sure to fellowship with other believers when you can. I hope this has helped someone whether pregnant or not, female or not.

Here is a beautiful remake of Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My life's testimony of struggling between good and evil

What If?

Double Masking? You're Crazy!