Phil Robertson is not ashamed of Christ. Are you?





Even though this interview was almost five months ago, I have just now seen it and thought I would share it. I love Sean Hannity's show and was pleased to know he is a fan of Duck Dynasty. Phil and his family are wonderful people. They love the Lord Jesus and are not ashamed to show it.



Years ago there was a time when I was too ashamed to tell people that I was a Christian and loved the Lord. I was too afraid of what my friends and other people would think of me. But why was I so overly concerned about what other people thought of me, but not God? What did God think of me? That hit home.



I read what the Bible says about that:

Mark 8:38 New International Version (NIV)

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Luke 9:26 King James Bible (KJV)

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

So, my attitude changed because of this:

Matthew 10:32 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

32 “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.

Now I will never be ashamed again because:

Romans 1:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.


The consequence of truly following Christ is verbal and possibly physical persecution as well. So:

1 Peter 4:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.

Matthew 5:10-12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

10 “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

To follow Christ is to be made new in your thoughts and actions. Don't let others hinder you from being free in Jesus. This human life does not last forever but we will live on in eternity. So if you are ashamed then stop and repent for your salvation is nigh.





































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My life's testimony of struggling between good and evil

What If?

Double Masking? You're Crazy!